It’s hard to believe that Christmas is fast approaching!
With the holidays fast approaching, we’re all looking for unique Christmas gift ideas and events to share with our families and friends. Here’s a list of some of the things that are happening around town in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville and beyond.
This Week at The FeminineXperience
|December 18, 2014, 7-9pm
KRC, Hall C Main Level
|Our Christmas Party Open House for Transformational Burlesque on Monday December 15th at 7:45 -9:00pm. Get ready to jingle your bells, shake the tinsel from your tree and twirl your candy canes in a fun and exciting burlesque-inspired night that will leave you feeling giddy.|
|Announcing our Ignite Your Relationship Coupon Book: A Couple’s Fire Starter Kit to Build Trust, Playfulness and Passion.A 15 page, specially designed, playful coupon book that ranges from the tame to the naughty.Add a little spice to your partner’s Christmas Stocking this holiday season!||Be sure to reserve your spot early for the January 12th start-up of the new session. Click here to REGISTER NOW|
|Gift Certificates are now available.Share them as Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers.|
This Week in the Community: December 10, 2014
- Nighlty until Jan 7, 2015, Christmas Lights Across Canada on Parliament Hill
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday evenings until Dec 21, 3-8pm, Vintage Village of Lights, Cumberland Heritage Village Museum
- Saturdays & Sundays until Dec 22, Christmas Carolling, Byward Market, free horse-drawn wagon rides through the Byward Market streets.
- December 5 – January 3, Alight at Night, Upper Canada Village, nearly one million lights adorn the heritage buildings of Upper Canada Village creating a magical backdrop for the Alight at Night Festival.
- December 5-13, MPB Band (all woman band), Casino du Lac Leamy, dance-pop hits and all time greatest dance hits
- December 11 – 21, Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale, EY Cenre, 4899 Uplands Drive, 200 specialty boutiques offering unique gifts.
- December 13, The Nutcracker , Centrepointe Theatre
December 13, Walter Baker Christmas Craft Show , 100 Malvern Drive Nepean, FREE
- December 13, How the Grinch Spied on Christmas, A family event for those with children ages 5-7. Learn how to be a THE spy of all Christmas spies – the Grinch! At the Diefenbunker.
- December 13, Metcalfe Farmers’ Market Christmas Craft Show, Greely Legion. Gift ideas, baked goods and hand-made gifts.
- December 14, Christmas Around the World, the Ottawa Bach Choir, Shenkman Arts Centre.
- December 15, 6:30pm, Christmas in a Manger, Grand Prix Breeders Equestrian Centre, Kars, family friendly christmas presentation with a short play followed by an 8 horse / rider musical ride performed on horse back.
New Year’s Eve Parties & Events
December 31, New Year’s Eve at Le Nordik Spa. Ring in the new year with your partner while enjoying the relaxing thermal waters, listen to the music provided by the DJ and, if you wish, enjoy a four-course meal.
- December 31, Masquerade Ball at the Velvet Room,
- December 31, Mardi Gras Masquerade at Fat Tuesdays
- December 31, New Year’s Eve Cabaret Bash, Mambo Nuevo Latino, Champagne Paired Table D’hotes, Burlesque by Koston Crème, Majic by Elliot Smith, DJ Dusty, Flamenco by Flamenco Studio, Tarot by Ottawa Divination, DJ Frederico
- December 31, Havanna Nights, Ring in the New Year, Havana-style! Enjoy live Latin entertainment, DJ Ray Ray, and Cuban-inspired food & cocktails!
December 31, Hogmanay Party, Aberdeen Pavillion at Lansdowne Park, Ring in the New Year at the family friendly event that brings the spirit of Edinburgh to Ottawa with traditional and contemporary Scottish music, dancing, food and drinks.
- December 31, New years Eve on Sparks Street, Free outdoor concert.
- December 31, Polar Hero Race, Lansdowne Park, 5+ km race including 25 obstacles.
- December 31, Rediscover New Year’s Eve at ALEA, Casino du Lac-Lemay, ALEA nightclub. Don our pearls, feathers and sequins for the most glamours evening around.