With the holidays fast approaching, we’re all looking for unique Christmas gift ideas and events to share with our families and friends. Here’s a list of some of the things that are happening around town in Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville and beyond. Since we’ll be taking the Christmas vacation off, you’ll find an extensive list below that carries you through until January 7th, 2015! See you in 2015!
At The FeminineXperience
2 HOUR BURLESQUE DANCE WORKSHOP
Jingle Your Bells Workshop TOMORROW night
COUPLE’S COUPON BOOK
In the Community
- December 17 – 21, Originals Ottawa Christmas Craft Sale, EY Cenre, 4899 Uplands Drive, 200 specialty boutiques offering unique gifts.
- December 13 – January 3, Alight at Night, Upper Canada Village, nearly one million lights adorn the heritage buildings of Upper Canada Village creating a magical backdrop for the Alight at Night Festival. –
- December 17 – January 7, Christmas Lights Across Canada, Parliament Hill
- December 17 – 21, Narnia – A Musical, Centrepointe Theatre
- December 18, Celtic Yuletide (Michael Londra), Centrepoint Theatre Ottawa, The star of Riverdance and PBS’ Beyond Celtic, Michael Londra presents an evening of Christmas delights straight from Ireland in his holiday spectacular Celtic Yuletide.
- December 18, 9:45pm, Reggae w/Roots Movement, Rainbow Bistro Byward Market Ottawa, Roots Movement performs Reggae, R&B, Rock and more. This is a great night of entertainment with performances from many local artists.
- December 18 – January 4, Freezing, A Witty, Wintery Family Musical, The Gladstone
December 20-27, (Saturdays), The Haunted Walk’s “Nightmare Before Xmas”, Bytown Museum . Explore the darker side of the festive season with stories about strange and frightening holiday traditions and creepy Christmas-themed tales. The majority of this tour will take place inside the spooky Bytown Museum
- December 20 & 21, Christmas Carolling, Byward Market, free horse-drawn wagon rides through the streets.
- December 21, 10:00pm, Mod Club Night at Babylon in Ottawa. Fun filled 1960s flashback night of dancing when rock and roll was as simple as bowl haircuts and mini shkirts. GO GO GO.
- December 21, Christmas with Music and Beyond, Dominion-Chalmers United Church, Concert featuring performers from Chamber Players of Canada, Ottawa Regional Youth Choir and Canterbury High School Chamber Choir
- December 27-30, Fairy Tale Ending, The Big Bad Family Musical, Kanata Theatre.
- December 29th, 10pm, DVBBS, EY Centre, 19+ event
New Year’s Eve Parties & Events
- December 31, New Year’s Eve Gala, BistroFiftyFour, Stittsville, 5:30-1:00am
- December 31, The Mad Hatter’s New Year’s Ball, EY Centre
- December 31, New Year’s Eve at Le Nordik Spa. Ring in the new year with your partner while enjoying the relaxing thermal waters, listen to the music provided by the DJ and, if you wish, enjoy a four-course meal.
December 31, Masquerade Ball at the Velvet Room,
- December 31, Mardi Gras Masquerade at Fat Tuesdays
- December 31, New Year’s Eve Cabaret Bash, Mambo Nuevo Latino, Champagne Paired Table D’hotes, Burlesque by Koston Crème, Majic by Elliot Smith, DJ Dusty, Flamenco by Flamenco Studio, Tarot by Ottawa Divination, DJ Frederico
- December 31, Havanna Nights, Ring in the New Year, Havana-style! Enjoy live Latin entertainment, DJ Ray Ray, and Cuban-inspired food & cocktails!
- December 31, Hogmanay Party, Aberdeen Pavillion at Lansdowne Park, Ring in the New Year at the family friendly event that brings the spirit of Edinburgh to Ottawa with traditional and contemporary Scottish music, dancing, food and drinks.
- December 31, New years Eve on Sparks Street, Free outdoor concert.
- December 31, Polar Hero Race, Lansdowne Park, 5+ km race including 25 obstacles.
- December 31, Rediscover New Year’s Eve at ALEA, Casino du Lac-Lemay, ALEA nightclub. Don our pearls, feathers and sequins for the most glamours evening around.